Saturday, April 5, 2008

Internet AD- Facebook

While signing on to my Facebook account my profile page consisted of its usual contents along with a small advertisement box on the left side of my screen, “$10,000 Free Tuition” it said. Why choose Facebook to promote this incredible opportunity rather than its rival Myspace? Although Facebook has opened their doors to high school students, it’s still designated towards college students for the most part. In college a major problem students have is actually paying for their education. With costs of tuition rising every year any promise of an additional source of income to help pay for a college education is welcomed. The credibility of the small advertisement is skeptical because of all the junk and spam online nowadays. The possibility of it leading to something completely away from its original intention is high. Personally I don’t trust advertisements online. Whether they offer financial help, tell me I am the ten-thousandth person to visit the site and click here to see the prize that I have won or just offering links to similar sites. The location and size of the advertisement will not grab a large audience’s attention. The only reason why I even spotted it was because I was on the look out for an online advertisement. Nothing special grabs the viewer’s attention. Nothing on this ad would make me want to continue an investigation on how to win $10,000. To me the ad is ineffective and does not work.

No comments: